Explore Our Community By Bike
We love riding our bikes as much as you do! Check out the awesome community rides, events that we support. Learn more about the local happenings that interest you, and get involved today! Stop in and ask us about all the great cycling in the area.
We will be offering some group ride options this season. We will have a Tuesday night mountain bike ride in Daniels Rd State Forest (SMBA), a Tuesday night road ride leaving from the Glens Falls location, and Thursday night road ride leaving from the Saratoga Springs location.
*Rides are subject to weather conditions and can be cancled with little notice. Check our facebook for ride updates.*
Tuesday Night Mountain: Meet in the DEC Parking lot off Daniels Rd at 5:45 pm, the ride rolls out at 6 pm. We will ride for 1.5-2hrs. This will be a social group pace on technical terrain (some people will be faster, some will be slower but we will have regrouping points). If you want to hammer and not regroup every so often, this might not be for you. If you want to have some fun, ride some tough trails, and improve your skills, well this might be for you! *BRING LIGHTS!*
Glens Falls/ Queensbury/ Lake George
CO RT 43 LOOP
Enjoy 35 miles of country roads in Washington County with just enough climbing to be tough, but still fun! This loop never strays too far from home, so cutting short is easy. This loop is a perfect morning ride or an after work burn!
Map: Co Rt 43 Loop
SPIER FALLS RIDE
One of the more scenic ride through the Wilton/Gansevoort area. This 37 mile loop will take you along the Hudson River and then through the quiet country side of Wilton.
Map: Spier Falls Ride
SATURDAY MORNING GANSEVOORT LOOP
This is one of the fastest shop loops we have. With only 1000' of climbing over 32 miles, this course sees average speeds of 22mph or more. It also makes for a great casual paced loop!
Map- Gansevoort Loop
SATURDAY MORNING KINGSBURY LOOP
A nice scenic loop through Kingsbury. This 28 mile loop is prefect for a morning ride before work or a summer evening. The profile of the land balances scenic flats with rolling hills.
Map- Kingsbury Loop
PROSPECT MOUNTAIN HIGHWAY
The seasonal toll road up Prospect Mountain is 6 miles of prefect highway with some of the best views of Lake George and the surrounding area. Bring a couple dollars because the toll road does have a small fee to ride up, but it is worth it!
Looking to do a little gravel riding? Try this great loop that will take you along the Champlain Canal and over a classic steel bridge. This loop provides some awesome dirt roads close to town.
Map- Dirty Tires
This loop will take you North around Brant Lake and down one of the coolest roads in the area. With good distance minimal climbing and great views, this is the perfect way to spend an afternoon!
Map- Paliades Loop
SUMMIT LAKE DIRT LOOP
There are multiple approaches to Summit Lake. This route will take you on one less traveled! 40 miles of challenging roads both paved and dirt, up hill and down hill, this ride will not disappoint!
CROWN OF THORNS
The Crown of Thorns is a local climbing route that will test your legs. With grades over 20% these climbs are not for the faint of heart! The good thing is you're never far from home. Climbing over 3900' in just 33 miles this ride is a true leg burner!
This chalenging ride will take you through some of the best parts of Washington County and into Vermont. The route passes by Kings Donut Cart in Cambridge and Mrs. Murphy's Donuts in Manchester. This one won't let you down. Make sure you get a maple bacon donut from Kings!
A LITTLE UP AND DOWN
With climbs, descents and rolling roads this route has a little of everything. Some of the climbs are long and more mellow, some are short and steep. At just over 30 miles with 2000’ of vertical this route is just tough enough.
Map: A little Up and Down
JANEY’S RIDE METRIC
This 62 miles route starts at Common Roots Brewery in South Glens Falls and brings you through the rolling hills of Washington County. With a mix of hills, lakes, and a couple dirt roads this is a beautiful loop!
Map: Janey’s Ride- Metric
The Muddy Mother Gravel Ride
This 84 mile route is part of Janey's Ride. Leaving from Common Roots Brewery in South Glens Falls and brings you through the rolling hills of Washington County. With a mix of hills, lakes, and dirt roads this is a beautiful loop!
The mountain biking in the area has been growing every year. There is a wide veriety from fast smooth and flowy to rocky, rooty and highly technical. We are also in close proximity to multiple downhill parks that make a great day trip!
The Local Trails:
Click the links to TrailForks
- Fast, flowy, good for all ages and abilities. Check out both Gurney and "Gurney South"/Rush Pond. The Van Dusen Preserve is a fun climb loop as well.
- Fast, flowy, good for all ages and abilities. All the trails are super fun. Our favorite is Orange in either direction.
- Mostly tough rocky, rooty technical riding with a few smoother trails. Best for intermediate or advanced riders. Backstretch is one of our favorites.
Mostly smooth trails, some single-track, some double-track. Great for beginners although there is the occasional steep tricky hill to keep you on your toes.
- Fast, flowy, good for all ages and abilities. Some trails have some roots and steeper spots. Check out Twist N Turns for some flat track turns.
- Rocky, rooty and very technical. With tons of steep tech climbs and descents this place will push even the most experienced riders. Suitable for strong intermediates and advanced riders. This is one of the most technical trail systems you'll find. Be prepared for a challenging fun ride. We prefer to park on the Northwest side of the system.
- This new and expanding system offers fast, flowing downhills, jump lines, berms, and a wide variety of trails.
- Although not in NY or really "local" it's too close and too good not to include these trails. With big climbs and big descents, jumps, berms, flow, rock gardens, Slate Valley has it all. It's a big system so spend the whole day and explore.
Get the Gear You Need
Shop for the perfect bike before your next ride. We’re here to answer all of your cycling related questions.